View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013   #48
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 50924 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are the 2013 Titans a play-off team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCowboy View Post
I think the problem here is you still harbor the grudge of what he did back in 99 moving
the Oiler's to a new state, got a new stadium deal out of it, not to mention that his
Oiler's were 1 inch away from beating the Rams in the Super Bowl and claiming theirNFL
first Lombardi in franchise history

leaving you to wallow in misery with nobody to rout for until the NFL bailed you out
in 2002 restoring a Houston team back into the NFL.

So let me ask you, don't you think it's time to let it go? he did what he did and nothing
will change that!! be happy the NFL gave you back a franchise and build off that
instead of harboring hate towards a guy who really does not care bout you
Good grief. Probably the second most ignorant post in the history of the internet. I am not going to waste my time going through this entire pile of puke so I will stick to the "harbor the grudge because he left - time to get over it" nonsense.

I am sure many in Houston (rightfully) harbor a grudge because Bud ran off to Possum Holler. I don't because I already knew that he was a vile, stupid, putrid, ugly POS all the time. I was never able to be 100% behind the Oilers because I knew they were owned by Bud Adams. And to a large extent Owner = Team so since you are a Cowboys supporter you ARE a Jerry supporter. I was just as happy to see the turd leave because not having a team is better than having him in town and when we got a new team the new owner would have to be an improvement. A huge improvement as it turns out.

As to the idiotic concept of "time to get over it" - no one wastes any time thinking about Bud day to day. Unless some deranged person says something insane like "he deserves respect". It doesn't matter how long it has been - Vlad the Impaler, Jack the Ripper, Bud Adams, Joseph Stalin, Pol Pot, Idi Amin - they all still suck. It some goof posts "gotta respect that Pol Pot" - no I don't. Pol Pot was an evil POS and it doesn't mean I am carrying a grudge and I don't need to get over it; the truth is still the truth and I will not start lying to make you feel better.

I am tempted to give some more unsolicited advice, but you didn't have enough sense to follow my previous advice so no more pearls before swine.