View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013   #47
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 293247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are the 2013 Titans a play-off team?

Thanks, Fred! You hit the nail on the head. Well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCowboy View Post
I think the problem here is you still harbor the grudge of what he did back in 99
grudge - A persistent feeling of ill will or resentment resulting from a past insult or injury

You say "grudge" like it's a bad thing.

And it was '96, not '99.

Quote:
moving
the Oiler's to a new state
Destroying the Oilers name forever, dude. The Oilers do not exist anymore.

Quote:
got a new stadium deal out of it
So? He would have eventually got one in Houston if he had been patient about it.

The only two things I respect about the dude is his service to our country and his honesty when he said moving the Oilers was his biggest mistake in life. He was duped by Drayton McClain, and Bud realized it after the fact.

Quote:
not to mention that his
Oiler's were 1 inch away from beating the Rams in the Super Bowl and claiming theirNFL
first Lombardi in franchise history
Titans. Not Oilers. Remember the Titans.

And they were about a foot away from TYING the game, not winning it.

Quote:
leaving you to wallow in misery with nobody to rout for until the NFL bailed you out
in 2002 restoring a Houston team back into the NFL.
Most people said good riddance and felt it was only a matter of time before the NFL brought another franchise to the nation's FOURTH LARGEST CITY.

It business, man, and anyone that understands economics and the NFL knows that they would not keep a franchise out of a big city that wanted one.

Quote:
So let me ask you, don't you think it's time to let it go?
I think it's time that YOU let it go.

Quote:
he did what he did and nothing
will change that!!
Nobody is arguing otherwise, so no need to shout it out.

Quote:
be happy the NFL gave you back a franchise and build off that
I feel confident that 11 consecutive years of sellouts at Reliant reveals that Houston football fans have moved on and embraced our current franchise.

Quote:
instead of harboring hate towards a guy who really does not care bout you
Oh, he cares. He still has a home here and still has businesses in the city.

There are reasons why he paraded Vince Young in front of Houston before he delivered him to Tennessee. The old bastard still cares and most likely hates visiting Reliant when he knows in his heart that it could have been his.