View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013   #50
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jaws: Schaub is NFL's 9th Best QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
He had 3 chances to clinch HFA last yr. Schaub took last yrs team as far as Yates did the yr before. This speaks volumes to me.

in 2009 despite one of the easiest schedules ever made he couldn't get the team over the hump and into the playoffs like the elite QB's do.

I like Schaub, but I believe he's damaged goods, who will do well to make it though the season, much less play at a high level late in the season. Not that any of this is his fault.
2009 you say ?

The year that we had a trio of Steve Slaton, Chris Brown and Ryan Moats taking the lion share of touches at RB for a whopping avg. of 3.5 ypc?

The year we had Jacque Reeves, Eugene Wilson and Bernard Pollard all starting in our secondary....along with a rookie named Glover Quinn?

The year Kris Brown himself screwed us out of at least 2 wins with his inept kicking?

I also seem to recall some scrub named Amobi Okoye still starting at DT and routinely getting pancaked in the interior of our d-line as well.

save for the next year where our defense bottomed out, You might want to revise your statement and say that our "easy" schedule was the only reason our defense wasn't the worst in the league that year/ever and that if not for Schaub and the passing offense, we don't even come as close as we did to making the playoffs.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote