View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013   #43
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 156011 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Jaws: Schaub is NFL's 9th Best QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I wouldn't call a 6-5 play-offs records as clutch either ...
I'm not sure any record has anything to do with "clutch". Clutch is a very nebulous term used to describe the seeming ability to come up big when it matters most, a la the key passes that EManning has managed to pull off when it mattered most. But if you want to get into a dissection of what clutch is or isn't, it also doesn't take into account the crappy play that a QB may have done in order to let his team fall behind. If the defense gives up 28 points and the team is losing 28-3, that's not all on the defense. If it was 28-24, it's a different story.

So in the end, clutch is kind of a silly argument altogether. But for whatever that argument's worth, I don't see a lot of people labeling Peyton as clutch. So I refute your straw man.