View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013   #38
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Jaws: Schaub is NFL's 9th Best QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
In order of tier, not player:
Brees
Brady
PManning
Rodgers

EManning
Roethlisberger
Flacco
Ryan
Rivers
Romo
Cutler
Stafford
(Wilson)
(Luck)
(RGIII)
(Newton)
(Kaepernick)

Schaub
a few others

Gabbert and his caliber

() - guys I'd take over Schaub because of upside, but not necessarily because they are better today (they might be, though)
You take away their defense & their running game & Eli, Ben, Flacco, Ryan, & Rivers ain't done anything Schaub hasn't. Hard for me to put those guys in a tier higher than Schaub. We saw it before Flacco got Torry Smith & Bolden. We saw it in Atlanta before Ryan had Roddy & Julio. We saw it in San Diego when Rivers lost Vincent, Merriman, Olshansky, & we're seeing it in Pittsburgh as that defense continues to get older.

Those guys do things in different ways than Schaub has, but at the end of the day he does his job as well as if not better than those guys. He just hasn't had the help they've had to win games & be in the play offs.

I love Andre, but he hasn't stepped up in the clutch way Hines Ward has. I love Arian, but he hasn't carried this team the way the Bus carried Pittsburgh. & we all know KDub isn't a Torry Smith or Julio Jones.

The only thing separating Schaub from those top tier guys, is the wins... & wins, are a team accomplishment, not a QB accomplishment. Championships are an organization accomplishment, not a QB accomplishment. Put Tom Brady on this team over the last 5 years I guarantee we wouldn't have won a Super Bowl.....

After thinking about that, that may not be true, our organization now is about as close to a championship org as you can get without winning a championship & a Tom Brady may be the difference. But before Wade, before Watt, Tom Brady wouldn't have been enough.