View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013   #33
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208669 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Jaws: Schaub is NFL's 9th Best QB

I actually think we're in one of the best QB eras ever. The middle of the pack QBs these days are pretty good, to be honest. I mean, think about guys like Flacco, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Ryan, EManning, etc. Those guys have not had a career like PManning or Brady or Brees, or even Rodgers, but they have all had years that could be considered great. Then you have the young guns putting up seasons that lead you to believe they could be as good or better than those guys.

There is honestly more than half the league's starting QBs I'd take over Matt Schaub. Some have already proven to be better and some are trending to be better. We know what we have in Schaub, and he just doesn't have it. He's good enough to be a QB on a Super Bowl team, but he's not good enough to haul a team along to the Super Bowl.

In order of tier, not player:
Brees
Brady
PManning
Rodgers

EManning
Roethlisberger
Flacco
Ryan
Rivers
Romo
Cutler
Stafford
(Wilson)
(Luck)
(RGIII)
(Newton)
(Kaepernick)

Schaub
a few others

Gabbert and his caliber

() - guys I'd take over Schaub because of upside, but not necessarily because they are better today (they might be, though)