Thread: under pressure
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2004   #13
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Where are you hearing that? Babins weighed in at the combine at 260 lbs. Why would Jason lose the 15-25 lbs when most teams run a 43 and would have loved to have a DE that size with that agility? It doesn't make sense.
I can confirm what minus67 is saying, I saw the same info. on a web site (probably the same site he was looking at). They went on to say that his 40 times, which were impressive, should be discounted because he played at the
heavier weight (280 range) and would probably put it back on after he was drafted. The implication was that he had trimmed down for max performance
in the combine/workouts (including improving his 40 time). Of course he needs the speed as a 3-4 OLB but would probably want the bulk had he been drafted
as a 4-3 downlinman.
By the way, I was at practice last night and saw a couple series of downs
with Babin & Peek at OLB and Sharper & Wong at ILB. Some say this is the
best group of LBs we can put on the field.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote