View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013   #137
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Zierlein Breaks Down Improvement Needed For Run Game

Come on guys, this is a MB; anybody can have an opinion on things.

Besides, Lance wasn't even the OP.

The OP posted a link to an article and a video than Lance (not his dad) gave his take.

I disagree with a certain thing he claimed on that play (the video); that Newton allowed too much penetration.

Anybody can go back and watch that play to see that Newton did not allow any penetration. In fact, he gained slightly.

Next, I disagreed with Rey who said that the TE (OD) did his job.
So I pulled up several games and noted all the similar plays, including tapes of the Falcons in which Alex Gibbs himself explained the scheme.
I noted that Gibbs "ragged" on the TE when he abandoned the combo block too soon - and he was on the SDE longer than OD did on that particular play for the Texans.

I am not in disagreement with them on any other point.

The only other thing I noticed was the change in the uncovered OT's first step in 2012 from previous years while I re-watched the game films so I made the notes for anybody who is interested to check to see whether their eyes met mine.

This is not a pissing contest.

Those who are not interested in the conversation don't have to join.

Those who do, I would appreciate for them to point out whether their observations are different than mine or not.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote