View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013   #93
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lestar Jean??????????????????????-

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
It took me a while to come to terms with underthrowing those wide open receivers, but if you listen to what Matt says and reconcile it with the numbers... maybe he's got a point. He says it gives the receivers a better opportunity to make a play on the ball. Like we saw in 2012, it also gives the defender the ability to make a play on the ball. But his completion percentage in throws over 20 yards, over 30 yards, over 40 yards are right there with "the best" in the league.

Had Joe Flacco put that ball in front of Jacoby, is it more or less likely that Jacoby catches that ball?
Schaub can justify his noodle arm which ever way he likes. I'm sorry but if your WR has beaten the CB for a 6 yard advantage then an underthrow doesnt help. If a CB is running stride for stride with the WR and it is underthrown sorry but that doesnt help. IF the CB some how is physic and is in fron of the WR cause he knows his every move then yes in that instance an under throw would help.

And again i said AJ even made Carr look good, i gurantee that your stat of over 20, 30 and 40 yard completions is 80 to 90% all passes to AJ. So it all goes back to what i was saying about Andre The Great making even less than worthy QBs look "ok".