View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013   #130
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Zierlein Breaks Down Improvement Needed For Run Game

Another thing I came away with from that series (which is really obvious), is that Gibbs reiterated one of the points I was saying when he noted something to this extent "you will lose a one-on-one at times, but you have to win on the combo block".

The most importants thing I saw on that play, I had mentioned from the start:

1. The TE has to be more engaged on that block to win the edge.

2. The G & the C have got to be able to move the 3T in that combo blocks.

Those are the keys that can help make the play work.
The concept is much more important than the technique (unless the technique is too sloppy.)

Gibbs himself had said many times over in his different coaching series that a certain O-lineman in his system (even the FB) could be a mismatch against a certain player on the opponent's team.

You work with what you have and a coach, it is your responsibility to put those guys in optimum positions to succeed.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote