View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013   #432
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez to be Questioned

My notes pre-draft didn't have any character red flags on Hernandez anthing like what has come out since so for all those who say "Patriots should have known about this guy" I'm not really sure the background checks revealed what is happening now. This was a special crop of TE's. I thought the world of Oklahoma TE Jermaine Gresham, then there was Rob Gronkowski, Dennis Pitta who I wanted Texans to draft, Jimmy Graham who was considered a developmental project to our very own Garrett Graham who has done things the right way & managed to hang around now becoming a starter & key cog in Gary Kubiaks offense.

Hernandez won the Mackey award in 2009 given to the nations top TE. My guess is these reports where late in the process after evaluation was completed. Some teams probably did there due diligence & investigated later then took him off their boards or devalued him while the Patriots didn't. I'm sure they will look more seriously @ character from now on This is just a very sad story to say the least.

BL

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote