View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013   #117
LZ
Veteran

Rep Power: 5396 LZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Zierlein Breaks Down Improvement Needed For Run Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
& if Lance's Dad was here saying these things I'd give it more credence.

But it's not. It's a guy who wrote a newspaper article telling us what we already knew..... Derek Newton is not a 6 year veteran.

You want to know why our run game was so bad? If you're sheep, we can point to Derek Newton & Ben Jones and tell you Kubiak made a boo-boo. If you really want to know, listen to 76. Brown, Wade, & Chris didn't perform up to expectations.

They made the Pro Bowl, but on that play & every run play, the RB should have options. The first read on the DE says cut it back. The LBs are pursuing that outside edge like a mudda. If Myers gets a real block on that LB, there's a sliver of a cut back. If Smith gets his block, it's 30+ yards.

I tell you what.... how about the three of us meet up for a film session with coaching tape from NFL Rewind and I'll let you school me on line play. We can go through inside zone, outside zone, FB responsibilities and reads, when to change MIKE calls. All of that. I'll sit and listen for the first 30 minutes and I won't say a word. I'll just let you guys have the floor. I'll buy the lunch too. Deal?
LZ is offline   Reply With Quote