View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013   #111
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Zierlein Breaks Down Improvement Needed For Run Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZ View Post
I'm not going to keep arguing the point. The TE was not a big part of the problem on this play. Newton handled the play poorly and used improper footwork. I don't know what else to say. You can access all the manuals and instructional tapes you want, but I'm telling you what I've learned from studying directly under and NFL offensive line coach and from speaking to him about this particular play before I posted it. Why we are continuing to argue about what your videos are telling you is beyond me. It was a poorly executed play across the board. Seems like this is just turning into arguing for arguments sake now.
And I'm going back to this point.
I've been studying this part about the TE and I must say I disagree completely.

The TE is an integral part of the outside zone or the stretch play.

The blocking TE plays an important role in this system; I really don't get it when Lance and Rey insisted that the TE was not a problem in this particular play.
Especially after I had studied many similar situations in both 2011 and 2012.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote