View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013   #6
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 241723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Football Gameplan's 2013 NFL Team Preview - Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
Good video, Em. My only real disagreement is that our right side of the O-line is a SERIOUS question mark and is a far more pressing issue than our #2 RB spot.
I'm in agreement with Em on the #2 RB spot. And my issue is mainly with Tate. When Tate has been healthy he has played well. But in three seasons, he's been game-ready healthy only about half that time. I think one of these youngsters can push for his spot if he pulls up lame at anytime during the season. Maybe it's just me but I think Kubiak's patience with him is at a very low level. I'm not predicting anything but if Smithiak got offered a 3rd or 4th for him I would not be surprised if they pulled the trigger.

Oh and I think two of your keys are correct; I'd list them this way
1. Schaub must take his game to a higher level. Not Brady/Brees/Rodgers elite but at least to the Eli/Rothelisberger level. They don't always put up eye-popping, fantasy level stats but they tend to make the big plays when the bright lights are on.

2. You're on point about maintaining the high level the defense played at last year (with a couple of notable exceptions). Like Schaub, they can't have lapses like they did against Rodgers and Brady last year. Oh and some quality sacks from someone not named J.J. or Ninja would be sweet too.

3. And I agree with 281, solid play from the O-line, particularly the right side is a must.

all in all though, good job.

I'm curious to see what you had to say about the Colts' upcoming season. Please post a link to that video if you don't mind.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote