View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013   #93
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Top 20 Players in the AFC South, Texans with 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I must say that Luck lived up to his namesake last year.

He was probably the most lucky QB I've seen in a given year.
Put the game tape on. In the first five games, there were at least ten of his passes that could have been interceptions; at least three were "sure" drops by a defender (and I'm being generous here since I don't want to count on my memory).
Lots of good and bad QB's have dropped INT's every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Luck has a lot of athleticism and qualities, but if he was the Texans QB last year (and if people don't make excuse for their "idol"), he would have been ripped apart on this forum; I guarantee it.

Yes, I have watched every single game he played.
Luck had a lot of INT's last year and his COMP% wasn't anything stellar, but I think it would have been relatively few posters that would've done the "ripping" apart. He showed enough in his play last year to make most people agree that you can probably win a lot of NFL games with Andrew Luck as your QB (Just as the Colts did last year, and with almost nobody else on that team either, especially that O-line dear god).

Anybody claiming to speak with authority on what 32 NFL GM's and execs would do in a given "draft whatever player you want" scenario are full of ****. NFL GM's make dumb moves/mistakes/strokes of genius all of the time and trying to nail down what a GM is thinking at any time in the off season is daunting enough, just ask mock draft guru's.