View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013   #82
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Top 20 Players in the AFC South, Texans with 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
My response was solely to him calling Luck a bust.
That was a qualified comment. I said, "stat-wise he was kind of a bust". And perhaps "bust" was a bit strong. But that was because of all the hoopla and bally-hoo that preceded the draft.

Anyway, knowing what I know now, I'd take Russell Wilson over Luck. I actually like RGIII's game better than Luck's (Luck threw 18 picks to Wilson's 10 and RGIII's 5; that's right only FIVE picks all year) but I worry that his (RGIII's) very game-playing style won't lead to longevity.
Then again, RGIII was sacked 30 times, Luck was sacked 41. soooo, maybe it's Luck that won't last....

Anyway, point is that of the three rookie QBs that got the most media attention last year, performance-wise Luck came in third. His TEAM did much better than expected but I attribute that to them wanting badly to win for their coach as much or more than Luck's performance on the field.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote