View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013   #69
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Top 20 Players in the AFC South, Texans with 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Skinnz View Post
If given the chance to draft a franchise level QB, no NFL exec would pass up that player to build the team in the manner you suggest. None. It is the single most important position in all of sports. The fact that Carr was not what he expected to be does not change that premise.

The 2012 Colts were what they turned out to be largely because of Luck. The talent on the roster was sorely lacking at a multitude of positions.
You asked what we - in this case me - would do. I've seen recovering franchises draft that "franchise QB guy" but not have a damn thing around him. they flounder until they get the rest of the pieces and usually that QB suffers.

Do you really think the Colts would have had the success they did without Mathis and Freeney shoring up that defense or without Reggie Wayne as a proven go-to guy? The Colts were no where near a "starting over" franchise.

Your original question was if all the AFCS franchises were starting over - and starting over, to me, implies they're all new franchises - and they had their pick of any player, who goes first Watt or Luck? You didn't say who would they draft? So that says that, in some alternate reality, Watt and Luck have played as they've played to date, and somehow they're available to each team via expansion draft. Given those parameters, I'm going Watt. I'm building my defense.
That's my decision. Build the foundation first (defense, O-line) then add the fancy accessories (QB, WR).
I have no issue with the path you chose, franchise QB first. It just ain't my way.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote