View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013   #87
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Zierlein Breaks Down Improvement Needed For Run Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I understand what you're saying, I see the issue with Newton's step, but I still find it hard to believe Newton was supposed to make that block when he had little contact with the DE.
What angle are you looking at?

Go to the Endzone view and pause the video at 3:17. The TE has two hands on the DE and has him completely hooked. If that to you is little contact then I don't know what to tell you. Short of holding the DE there until Newton gets his isht together, I don't know what else you want him to do.

Quote:
Right next to Newton you see Ben Jones & Myers working on a player lined up on Jones' outside.... Myers has no chance of getting to that outside shoulder. Maybe because Jones did such a bad job, but he engages the DT much more than the TE engages the DE.
TK stop being ridiculous. That DT was in a 3 tech on the outside of Jones shoulder. Hell, you might even be able to call it a 4 tech because he's over Newton a little bitThe distance isn't even close to being the same. The only way Meyers is making that block is if the DT stunts inside. Then Jones would have passed him off.

The DE is head up on the TE. It's not even close to being the same block.

The reason Jones is so engaged is because He knows Meyers is going to end up going to the LB.

The reason the TE is not as engaged is because Newton is supposed to take over that block and allow him to go up to the TE.

How are you not getting that?

Go to the EZ view and look at the play again. It doesn't look the same because it's not the same block. There's a reason they are doing two different things and it's because of how the defense is lined up.

Newton is taking over, Meyers is taking his steps and then going up to the next level.

The TE is going to pass off the DE and Jones is going to stay on.

Honestly I can't break it down any more than that.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote