View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013   #85
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Zierlein Breaks Down Improvement Needed For Run Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I don't know the exact technique the Texans are teaching their OL....What I do know is that Newton did not do a good job on the play. I don't even see how that's debatable.

Short of Kubiak or John Benton coming on here and confirming that I don't think 76 would ever acknowledge that. He feels that he can read manuals and decipher plays...

I just don't bother with the back and forth much anymore. Whatever.
I understand what you're saying, I see the issue with Newton's step, but I still find it hard to believe Newton was supposed to make that block when he had little contact with the DE.

Right next to Newton you see Ben Jones & Myers working on a player lined up on Jones' outside.... Myers has no chance of getting to that outside shoulder. Maybe because Jones did such a bad job, but he engages the DT much more than the TE engages the DE.

I'm not saying you're wrong, just that I've yet to find (& I have been looking) an example where the TE gives the RT enough time to make that block with minimum contact.

All that to say, 76Texans' explanation is much easier to believe to a layman such as me if I'm going to "study" it. For your & LZ's explanation, I have to hit the "because he said so" button & mine's been broke for a while.