View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013   #83
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 25876 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Zierlein Breaks Down Improvement Needed For Run Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZ View Post
I'm not going to keep arguing the point. The TE was not a big part of the problem on this play. Newton handled the play poorly and used improper footwork. I don't know what else to say. You can access all the manuals and instructional tapes you want, but I'm telling you what I've learned from studying directly under and NFL offensive line coach and from speaking to him about this particular play before I posted it. Why we are continuing to argue about what your videos are telling you is beyond me. It was a poorly executed play across the board. Seems like this is just turning into arguing for arguments sake now.
Heh, have to agree with you. As someone who worked with youth and talking to various individuals involved in the game your point was well received earlier. It not text book nor something that just comes from a manual. Most coaches take what they know or learned from such materials and evolve it to fit their scheme and then they may have to adapt one step further for the personnel involved. Can this guy make this step successfully? How can I change it to fit his footwork and his reaction tendencies?

So thanks for the insight since I know you gained the chance to speak first hand with some personnel. Just gives me more idea to pass onto others since that's what it is all about. I learned in a coaching clinic how so much information, schemes and techniques are simply re-processed and adapted.

Makes one always thankful to get different viewpoints from others so thanks to you and Rey on that. Nice article as well.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote