View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013   #22
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15056 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Five Years of PFF Grades: Top 10 Wide Receivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
There was an article in Indy about a month ago arguing his case. He will be in discussions but I think falls short. He has consistently been in lists of top 10 or elite receivers but I don't recall anyone pushing him as the best WR in any season even in the season he led the league in receiving yards.
Yes, that's the conundrum. He's always been thought of as very, very good, but I don't know that he's every been thought of as great.

But, he has 6 pro-bowls, 1 all-pro, and has been top-3 in receptions twice and yards four times.

He's also, now, 10th all-time in receptions, 14th in receiving yards, and 24th in receiving touchdowns (with 10 more TD he would be 11th). If he puts up 75% of the season he put up last season, he would be 7th, 8th, and 21st, respectively. If he matches last season, he would be 7th, 7th, and 20th respectively.

It's extremely likely, if not certain, he ends his career top 10 in receptions, receiving yards, and receiving TD.

I'd have an extremely tough time not voting for him.