View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013   #79
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 4th round Trevardo Williams De/OLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
It's true Wade's 3-4 isn't your run-of-the-mill 3-4. His is a one gap system & it looks more like a 4-3

This is one of those formations you're talking about with one OLB in a 3 point stance & the other standing up.

I wish there were defensive guys here who could explain the whats & the whys of the different formations we use.

Why is Meci Standing up? He's going to rush the passer, we know he's going to rush the passer, why not let him explode out of a 3 point stance?

Plenty of great pass rushers have done perfectly well doing it from a 2 point stance.

To me I thought Williams was the speed guy/pass rush type on the weak side and Montgomery was the clean-up strongman on the strong side. Who knows.