View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013   #77
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 228472 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 4th round Trevardo Williams De/OLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
It's true Wade's 3-4 isn't your run-of-the-mill 3-4. His is a one gap system & it looks more like a 4-3

This is one of those formations you're talking about with one OLB in a 3 point stance & the other standing up.

I wish there were defensive guys here who could explain the whats & the whys of the different formations we use.

Why is Meci Standing up? He's going to rush the passer, we know he's going to rush the passer, why not let him explode out of a 3 point stance?
I'm not a defensive guru but... my guess is that he's making it look like he might take the RB in coverage.

They appear to be in a dime with Quin taking the spot of the other ILB. Normally in that situation, I'd expect Mercilus to have his hand down. BUT... he may actually have coverage responsibilities OR he may just be acting like he does to try to confuse the QB or the RB to bust the blocking scheme.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote