View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013   #166
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [ESPN] FB Vonta Leach eyes Texans return?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
As much as I've griped about Winston, I'd much rather see the Texans sign him than Leach. It would be money much better spent, imho. I can't think of an ILB that piques my interest as much.
I don't understand.

Just because the Texans signed Greg Jones, why couldn't they sign Leach and Winston???

If there is guaranteed money for Jones I would kinda get it, with regards to signing Leach. I didn't realize there was guaranteed money for him. If not, sign all three with modest contracts and cut 1, 2 or all three if necessary.

If there is no "guaranteed" money, the Texans aren't required to pay them a dime as it relates to the salary cap...

Winston and Leach both understand that they made way more than the market value for their worth (and I'm sure they both expected to come back to Earth) with modest contracts.