View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013   #77
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Zierlein Breaks Down Improvement Needed For Run Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Hey Rey, in this video at 0:47 They labeled it "Rip Reach" but that is what I'm thinking when you say "hook the DE"

Is that what you're talking about?
Similar concept, but I didn't like those guys steps either. They barely moved anywhere. They were just turning and running.

That first step has got to be deep and somewhat wide. But not awkwardly wide where you lose your balance.

But basically, it's similar to that where they are trying to basically outflank a defender that is outside of them.

But the video I thought showed how the guys were reading on the run when they were combo blocking.

There was even a mistake in there on a combo block where both the OL came off the down lineman to go up to the LB........but I kind of blame that on the defense...If I were coaching that drill I'm telling the guys with the dummies to get their asses in gear and give the guys a good look and stop dragging their damn feet...Get to where you're going so we can get a good picture...

I don't know what 76 is talking about...76, IMO, would be a real good coach for younger kids because he knows the basic concepts and stuff and he could give kids a real good foundation...But IMO when it comes to some of the higher level stuff he falls flat and I'd attribute that to a lack of applicable knowledge/experience...Not really a knock, because I think he brings some good info to the table, but honestly, to me at least, his lack of experience with the finer points shows to me....JMO...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote