View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013   #219
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 35195 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez to be Questioned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
I just saw he was charged with murder. Wow. The NFL cannot be happy at all with one of it's star players being charged with murder. This goes well beyond the Ray Lewis type incident.

Has there been another currently active player charged with murder in the modern era? I can't think of any although a bunch have gotten into legal hot water.

If by some miracle, he is acquitted, his NFL career is toast. At the moment, I suspect he has bigger fish to fry.

As for the Pats, they rely on the TE so much it's not funny. Now one of their two main cogs is up on murder charges, and the other one is injured. Mr. Brady cannot be too happy. I do know this though - BB will make adjustments. That's part of what makes him a great coach. He won't try to fit a round peg into a square hole. Brady will make adjustments too. And they may not be a SB team this year, but they'll find a way to be good. They always do.
Agreed. He was also a prominent Hispanic superstar player in a league with very few of them. I am sure the NFL wanted to sell him and Victor Cruz as two Hispanic Superstars to increase the interest level within that community. Losing Hernandez is a big blow in that effort.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote