View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013   #68
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Zierlein Breaks Down Improvement Needed For Run Game

Lance, if you read my posts (and not just in this thread), I have observed all the things you just said and had talked about them.

When the Texans ran more inside zone, when they started running more outside zone.

I read about how you and John Harris (?) view Duane Brown when he first got drafted and what you guys came to see during his first TC.
I've seen DB doing things that Harris was surprised to see.

I really don't have a need to qualify myself even though I've never played a down of football. This much, I've already communicated to Rey.

Football is not rocket science, but it does require a lot of knowledge about strategies and techniques to fully appreciate what's going on every Sunday.

Strategies changes require technique changes as it is an evolving sport.
What you learned ten years ago may have little relevancy to today's game.

I've also noted that different teams have different approaches to the ZBS.
There are several reasons I can come up with after studying a few dozens play books/manuals.

As long as we agree that teams can teach the scheme differently (in certain aspects), we can agree that we don't know for sure what a particular blocker should do on a particular play; you have said as much.

We don't know for certain what the TE should do on that particular play;
We don't know for certain what the RT should do on that play.

How can you and Rey be so quick to come to a conclusion?

Honestly, I really want to understand the thought process here.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote