View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013   #162
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 278082 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez to be Questioned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
What? I didn't say that Tom Brady had nothing to do with it. I'm saying that Belichick is the genious behind that Patroits engine. They have stars go down constantly including Tommy Boy yet the consistently rack up the wins. Missing the playoffs at 11-5 is an amazing feat in itself. The luck factor didn't fall their way.
I see both Belichick and Brady as being instrumental to their dynasty. Not one over the other, but hand in glove. Like Bill Walsh/Joe Montana.

But if you want to separate, here is something for you to digest:

Belichick has amassed 187 regular season wins as a head coach. His teams have a record of 136-39 with Tom Brady as the starting quarterback. Without Brady, he's 51-65.

So for all Belichick's genius (and I am a big fan), has a losing record as HC without Tom Brady on the field.

And you do realize who was still on the team and mentoring Matt Cassel to be a better QB in 2008, yeah?

Learning from Tom Brady pays off for Matt Cassel

“Tom is a guy that has been a mentor to me since the day I walked into the league,” he said.