View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013   #20
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What's real? PreDraft rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

What if the draft gurus got it wrong?

Now I know we say they're wrong all the time & we say it's useless to put a grade on these guys anyway. But one way or another a team has to decide which player they like better than the others. Obviously the Patriots graded Harmon as a better fit for their team than those other guys.

So..... who's right?

Of course, anyone can chime in, but I'm really interested in what our draftkniks have to say & I'm looking at a team other than the Texans, because I want to keep this "kinda" neutral.

So you guys who do your own grades, what did you have on Harmon? Were you in-line with the Patriots or were you closer to the other "draft gurus" ?
Rutgers players in general have been well coached up producing solid LB's & secondary personnel. I think the fact they're also in the Patriots back yard had some bearing & was a fairly well know commodity up in the north east. most of their recruits are undersized & depending on how they develop, in general terms play with high motors & fundamentally sound. Loved Khaseem Green, thought he was a steal in the 4th rd. (had him rated in 2nd) Steve Beauharnais another fine but smaller LB in 5th he went in the 7th also to the Patriots. Ryan Logan was a legit starting caliber CB could have crept into the first round if his times had been better, taken once again by Patriots in 3rd. Notice a trend? Duron was selected 8 picks later by New England. He wasn't graded that high maybe 6th or 7th round but he does remind me a bit of Glover Quin who Texans selected in the 4th rd. Good safety crop in 2013 draft & there was a bit of a run on them in the 3rd & Duron was the best fit on the board for their system so they addressed a pressing need. I think he will work out fine for them, however what is debatable is could they have waited & drafted a more highly graded player (TE's Dion Sims Michigan State & Levine Toilolo Stanford both were available). All in all a very average draft for them which is a good thing for rest of the league. I feel secure in saying the Texans gained ground on them this offseason. So to me the big thing is how the rookies fit into the system they're drafted, how quickly they adapt to the playbook & what opportunities present themselves. Patriots played a safe, but underwhelming haul as a group nothing of note so in my book they took a step backwards

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote