View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013   #48
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Zierlein Breaks Down Improvement Needed For Run Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
If Newton takes a better initial and second step there, He'd have better positioning on the DE thus allowing the TE to come off sooner.

Not going to get into the feeling pressure non-sense as I'm not even sure how 76 can say that the TE didn't feel Newton in position to take the DE over.

I agree with LZ. The TE did his job well. He didn't let the DE jump outside of him. Besides him turning his shoulders inside towards the play he looked good IMO. But I don't know if that's something that the coaches in the NFL want them to do since the athletes are bigger, stronger faster....

But really that would just be a small thing I'd point out as the TE was good on that play. He did his job almost perfectly. Newton has to take a better step and get in position to take that block over better.
I agree with pretty much everything you and LZ have said throughout this thread. The only additional thing (being nitpicky here) that I would've hoped to see from the TE is a bit more of an impact on his initial chip. The DE didn't appear to sway from his path. Maybe it was due to Newton not engaging quick enough?

Jones didn't look great either. But y'all are right, if either Newton or Smith done their job it would've been a good play