View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013   #46
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Zierlein Breaks Down Improvement Needed For Run Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
LZ didn't say the TE had any fault at all. That was my biggest disagreement with him. He accused me of letting Newton off the hook (which I didn't, I agree Newton played it poorly).

76 agrees the TE did not do his job on that play.
If Newton takes a better initial and second step there, He'd have better positioning on the DE thus allowing the TE to come off sooner.

Not going to get into the feeling pressure non-sense as I'm not even sure how 76 can say that the TE didn't feel Newton in position to take the DE over.

I agree with LZ. The TE did his job well. He didn't let the DE jump outside of him. Besides him turning his shoulders inside towards the play he looked good IMO. But I don't know if that's something that the coaches in the NFL want them to do since the athletes are bigger, stronger faster....

But really that would just be a small thing I'd point out as the TE was good on that play. He did his job almost perfectly. Newton has to take a better step and get in position to take that block over better.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote