View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Zierlein Breaks Down Improvement Needed For Run Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I don't know if I understand what you're saying right here.

LZ is right. The TE has to help on the DE before going to the next level. That would be an extremely hard block to make if the TE doesn't help. He did exactly what he was supposed to do.
LZ didn't say the TE had any fault at all. That was my biggest disagreement with him. He accused me of letting Newton off the hook (which I didn't, I agree Newton played it poorly).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post

But as the SDE played to attack the edge, OD needs to wait until he feels pressure from the uncovered RT Newton before he releases.
This allows a smooth transition so that Newton can have time to get there to square up on the defender to perform the necessary reach block.
76 agrees the TE did not do his job on that play.