View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013   #40
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Zierlein Breaks Down Improvement Needed For Run Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
The only place I disagreed with LZ, was saying there was no way for Newton to make that block without help from the TE (I thought it was Graham). 76 agreed that would have been a totally different play had the TE did his job before slipping to the second level.
I don't know if I understand what you're saying right here.

LZ is right. The TE has to help on the DE before going to the next level. That would be an extremely hard block to make if the TE doesn't help. He did exactly what he was supposed to do.

If you're saying that the TE shouldn't help there then you are entering a new territory and saying Kubiak isn't having guys block right schematically as that is exactly what the TE is supposed to be doing. Besides being familiar with the system, you can look at the film and see that.

But then in your second sentence it seems like you're saying he should have helped longer. Which I also disagree with. The TE right there did a fine job.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote