View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013   #20
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Five Years of PFF Grades: Top 10 Wide Receivers

Through 10 years, AJ has played in 138 games, has 818 receptions for 11254 yards. That's a 13.8 clip. He has 56 TDs.

Torry Holt played 11 years (10 with StL). He played in 173 games, amassing 920 for 13382 yards. That's a 14.5 clip. He had 74 TDs.

The reason I mention Holt is because he was the fastest player to 10000 yards and 11000 yards. He retired with a record six straight seasons of 1300+ yards. He went to the Pro Bowl seven times, with two All Pro nods. He had two 1600+ yard seasons. He retired ranked 10th all time in receiving yards. He only played ten years, but the middle eight of them were legitimately great seasons. I don't think anyone seriously considers him a lock for the HOF.

That's kind of where AJ is. He's been legitimately great for a while now, but in order to get up there into HOF lock territory, he's going to have to do it for a long, long time. The WRs that have been inducted lately have put up long, enduring careers. I think AJ can do the same, but you never know with injuries. That is basically what put Holt out of the game, and I think they have very analogous careers through year 10. JMO.

One thing that I think works in AJ's favor is the expansion franchise status. He played on some really bad teams, and there's also going to be some push to get a Texan into the HOF at some point, I think.