View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013   #19
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Five Years of PFF Grades: Top 10 Wide Receivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Is Wayne a HOF?
Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
There was an article in Indy about a month ago arguing his case. He will be in discussions but I think falls short. He has consistently been in lists of top 10 or elite receivers but I don't recall anyone pushing him as the best WR in any season even in the season he led the league in receiving yards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Has to be in the conversation. I wonder if people might hold having Peyton against him?
I'd come closer to saying having Marvin Harrison on the other side is working against him. Harrison was a Pro-Bowl and All-Pro player when Wayne got there. Harrison still has better all-time numbers in receptions (MH-1103; RW-968), yards (MH-14500; RW-13063), and TDs (Mh-128; RW-78 force opposing secondaries to have to game plan for both guys. And, in case you were wondering, Harrison played 13 yrs; Wayne has completed 12. So it's possible that Reggie closes the gap in this, his 13th year. But how do Colts' fans politic for Reggie Wayne going to the Hall without Marvin Harrison going in first?

I wonder if Reggie Wayne could/would have even compiled the numbers he has done to date if he hadn't had Marvin Harrison demanding the secondary's attention as he did when they played as a duo. Who do you think everyone's #1 CB was assigned to when they were both in their prime years?? Reggie Wayne? ummm... not for my money

To my main point, A.J. has never, never, ever, nevah had a Marvin Harrison caliber WR opposite him. Not even close. Yet he still has comparable, and some cases better, numbers to Wayne.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote