View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013   #18
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What's real? PreDraft rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Most info I have says Dallas had Frederick rated #22 in second round and took him #31 after a trade. To me that is a reach. I am a little different than most when it comes to "reaches" in that I think if you want a player and you think he will be gone before your next pick; you go get him. Now an exception to what I just said is if you have a slightly lower rated player than your guy that would be there at your next pick, you make a determination at that point. An example would be Hawthorne that I mocked in 4th but thought he would be avail in 5th. My pick was a reach but I think he is worth it. Should be a very good CB and even better safety at a need position. Not arguing just giving info on my thought process.
We agree about reaches.

But when it comes to Frederick, I heard (on the sports talk radio up here in Dallas) the Cowboys had him rated at the beginning of the 2nd round. I assumed that meant in the 33-42 range not with the 54th pick. And if that's the case, their selection of him makes more sense.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote