View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013   #12
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41142 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Five Years of PFF Grades: Top 10 Wide Receivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Not even close to "for sure" HOF status next year. It'll take another 6 years or so of AJ's average seasons to get him anywhere near automatic for the HOF.

It's the NFL HOF, not the Texans HOF or NFL Hall of DAMNED GOOD. Receivers will always have a hard time getting into the HOF after Carter. Owens and Moss, yes. They earned it. AJ, not so much as of yet.
I was going to make the argument "for the sake of argument" that if Johnson were to retire today and given that a player must be retired for 5 years before he's eligilble for HOF consideration, the franchise would be 15 years old and the league would almost need to grant the Texans a member in the Hall at that point. To my surprise I discovered that one other team is still without a member in the HOF - the Jags. So much for that argument.
But I still think Johnson makes it, because there's politics in every organization (especially the NFL HOF selection process), and my thought is that McNair is a popular and very politically astute member of the NFLs owner club.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote