View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013   #15
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What's real? PreDraft rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
And... I meant to add...

This is why I don't like the concept of the "reach". If a team drafts a guy (like the Cowboys did with the Center in the first round) that most Draft Gurus don't have a good grade on, that doesn't mean that the Draft Gurus are right and that the Cowboys reached. That just means that the Draft Gurus didn't agree with the Cowboys on that pick. There may have been other teams that also had that high a grade on the guy. We'll never know.

It may be that the Cowboys themselves did such a good job of manipulating the press that they lowered the guy's stock.

You never know.
Most info I have says Dallas had Frederick rated #22 in second round and took him #31 after a trade. To me that is a reach. I am a little different than most when it comes to "reaches" in that I think if you want a player and you think he will be gone before your next pick; you go get him. Now an exception to what I just said is if you have a slightly lower rated player than your guy that would be there at your next pick, you make a determination at that point. An example would be Hawthorne that I mocked in 4th but thought he would be avail in 5th. My pick was a reach but I think he is worth it. Should be a very good CB and even better safety at a need position. Not arguing just giving info on my thought process.