View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: What's real? PreDraft rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
And... I meant to add...

This is why I don't like the concept of the "reach". If a team drafts a guy (like the Cowboys did with the Center in the first round) that most Draft Gurus don't have a good grade on, that doesn't mean that the Draft Gurus are right and that the Cowboys reached. That just means that the Draft Gurus didn't agree with the Cowboys on that pick. There may have been other teams that also had that high a grade on the guy. We'll never know.

It may be that the Cowboys themselves did such a good job of manipulating the press that they lowered the guy's stock.

You never know.
I agree, this "reach" stuff.... I don't get it.

I would think as an "expert" instead of coming across as being smarter than your favorite football team, I'd do a piece to try to "understand" the moves that were made.