View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What's real? PreDraft rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm just thinking out loud.

Like I've said before, I don't watch college football enough to have my own opinions about these players. So I wanted to get input from you guys who do.

How did you compare Harmon to Duke Williams (105, Bills), Shamarko Thomas (111, Steelers), & Phillip Thomas (119, Redskins)

Were you shocked the Patriots took him?

See, I'm thinking the Patriots have their own scouts, people who evaluate college players. Their scouts study these kids, vette them, interview them... but as always, the media wants to say "they got it wrong" & I'd bet looking at Mayock, Kipper, & whoever, most people would think the same.

So you had Hawthorne in the 5th, was that because you thought there were two rounds of players (64ish) better? Or did you think there were other players that fit other team needs better?

Looking back, how do you explain the Patriots taking him in the third? Or do you forget about the last draft & not try to "understand" it?
Usually after a draft, I dump my notes and give minimal attention to other team players as my focus shifts to new college players. Unlike most mockers, I don't do a round by round mock of all 32 teams. I do evaluate several others who do. I evaluate my positioning based on my own viewing of players, other sources and then interacting which folks I have come to respect and trust over many years such as Beerlover and Rmartin65. I know how much my 3 Amigos teammates put into research and the countless hours we debate players all season long.

Mildly surprised Pats took Harmon but I view draft by others only as to how it pertains to Texans. I was more shocked by Dallas taking Travis Frederick in first round.
I would definitely say scouts are far and away better evaluators than those paid mockers in tv. Still even they get it wrong.