View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013   #59
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What are realistic projections for DeAndre Hopkins?

Off season is full of conjecture & anticipation for upcoming season, happens every summer. there may be unrealistic expectations/hopes based on many factors your pick - Kubiak tendencies, past years WR production for Texans, current state of roster, historical rookie success in the NFL, College numbers as well as scouting reports/analysis & player comparisons. Back to Hakeem Nicks who I followed & was my favorite WR in College back in 09. Comparing him to Hopkins is quite the compliment in my book. So color me guilty of high expectations, like Texan Chick (good article) been extremely impressed with his work ethic & attitude something you need to see in camp to verify.

Let me flash another angle based off his College production @ Clemson were he played with a higher rated & probable future early, maybe top 10 WR in teammate Sammy Watkins. All DeAndre did was assert himself, the #2 WR on this club with 82 receptions, 1405 yards, 17.3 avg. per catch & 18 TD's. Watkins caught 57 balls, 708 yards, 12.42 avg. per catch & 3 TD's. We all would love to see that kinda of production from Hopkins for the Texans but don't expect Andre Johnson, unless injured, to drop off his game like Watkins still it does provide an example that DeAndre is capable of being the teams #1 WR option if so used.

Hence I consider my expectations of 55/800/17/7 well within reasonable certainty based off values coming into the NFL fitting on roster, in this system with Gary Kubiak as his head coach. FWIW

BL

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote