View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013   #50
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What are realistic projections for DeAndre Hopkins?

Seminole, while I agree with a good part of the things you said, what I've been wanting to do is to lay out the best course for the Texans as a team.

Number one, we hope that the D get back to the top five form of 2011.

Number two, we hope that Lechler can help win the field position battle as he should.

Kubiak is a "percentage" HC.
If he can trust the defense and the special team play, you just know he won't take a lot of chance in throwing the ball.

On top of that, as long as the top guys are healthy, Schaub is going to rely on AJ, OD, Foster, and now Graham to move the chain while the Texans keep feeding the ball to the RB with Jones as the lead blocker.

That is the key to the Texans success, not how many balls a rookie receiver is going to catch.

But if the opponents' defense go to sleep, like they did with Foster in his career year, I would hope that Kubiak takes advantage of it just the same.

But as we're talking about "average" and "likely hood ", I do not expect Hopkins to be a top 3 contributor in his rookie year.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote