View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013   #45
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153128 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: What are realistic projections for DeAndre Hopkins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Here is posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy
Again very astute comment my Amigo! Fans should not overlook that if AJ goes out Hopkins should be able to fill in.

Quote:
Originally posted by TK in response

As a rookie? I'd be very impressed.

Now if Andre were to go down later in the year & Posey is back, or if LeStar had a great year, then maybe... maybe. But if we're talking about no Andre in week 5 & we go out there with DeAndre, LeStar, KMart...... @ SanFrancisco??

I'm not holding my breath.

TK, where did I say Hopkins is a one man team? Big over reach on your part.
Martin was not drafted with any hope he would replace AJ if the latter goes out. Jean while he has the size and maybe the skills to be #1, we have seen nothing to support that despite his experience. IMO, if Andre were to miss a game, based on what we know right now, I'd start Hopkins.
Andre is Andre. He's going to be a badas5 with scrubs lined up on the other side of him. Whether that be a scrub named Kevin Walter, LeStar Jean, Kevin Martin, Eric Moulds.. it don't matter.

What we've needed is a guy to step into Andre's shoes & be a bad ass with scrubs named LeStar Jean & Kevin Martin on the other side of the field.

I'm not saying.... & none of my posts alluded to, maybe someone other than DeAndre being that replacement for Andre. I'm not saying & did not say I think LeStar or KMart has an opportunity to be that guy.

I said I do not believe we'll see DeAndre be that Andre replacement in his rookie year, especially not with the likes of LeStar Jean & Kevin Martin lined up on the other side of the field. If Posey were healthy & lined up on the other side..... maybe DeAndre can produce like a #1 (maybe).

Other than that, if Andre misses any time at all, our offense is going to suffer big time.