View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013   #27
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What are realistic projections for DeAndre Hopkins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
You know how you encourage good articles? You click on good articles. That encourages the powers that be that quality content is worth hosting.

That anyone clicks on my articles at the Chronicle is the reason why I can go to camp and write things that are details fans care about.

If my articles do not get page views, then at some point the blog will go away. The NYTs has eliminated many of their sports blogs, and probably wouldn't had they got more page hits.

Clicking on analysis pieces gets more analysis pieces. If you don't, then the slideshow and crap content wins.
You make some good points .... but I haven't clicked on the Crapical for over a year (other than stealth links) ... I cant stand that rag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I hope we are *disappointed* in receptions/yards/TDs even.

That likely means that the defense is wrecking shop and the running game works the way it does best.

Let fantasy football peoples be concerned with numbers.
That wouldn't bother me one bit .... The only number I care about is #48 - the number on this years Superbowl Trophy.

Quote:
I think the point isn't just stretching the field, it is in general, making teams pay if they key too much on Arian Foster, Andre Johnson, Owen Daniels, etc.

Another reliable option means in any one play, you can kill the defense if they overplay anyone. If Hopkins learns up the offense, and Andre Johnson stays healthy, Hopkins will be able to abuse defenses.

But there will be up and downs--mistakes by wide receivers tend to be glaring and bad timing and can be devastating if it results in an interception.

Hopkins is a fantastic route runner with a knack for getting open .... and has the speed to make teams pay for mistakes. Watching him in college he was the one receiver I said " I hope that guy is a Texan" ....

Im wondering how defenses deal with the offense in general ... Just so many weapons that can beat you on any given play.
They cant double everyone .... and then the threat of Foster wrecking shop.
The key is the right side of the OL , if they hold up opposing defenses are in for a world of hurt.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote