View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013   #11
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What are realistic projections for DeAndre Hopkins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Thorough job of analyzing our top pick T_C.
Now my biggest question is did the Texans make the right decision in going with
the very competent Hopkins with the promise of more near-term productive ability vs the potential of a genuine burner like either one of the Tennessee WR prospects, Patterson or Hunter ? And I like Hopkins' hands, but just wonder if the offense wouldn't have been better served with one of the speed guys who unlike Hopkins could definitely have stretched the field ?
I think Hopkins has the potential to blow the top off the offense.

I've watched him run into an extra gear. He is very, very aggressive once in the ball is in the air. Hard to knock off his stride, catches the ball even with interference.

So no, he's not a 40 time guy, but neither was Jerry Rice. You aren't going to be a great GM if you go after slowish guys from small schools on a regular basis. But you go after special guys.

I think Hopkins has the potential to be a special player. I see the physical tools-- just about learning the offense.