Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013   #175
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
It may not be that simple.

Many apartment complexes have specified spaces for apartments and visitors have to park in the designated visitor spaces. If another car is parked in your space, you can call the towing company and they will tow it out. And there is nothing stopping a person from falsely having a car towed from a space that isn't theirs. The tow drivers eventually learn which cars belong and which don't if it happens often, but there are several drivers and they service several complexes so it can be towed anyways. Happened to a former GF of mine a long time ago and it happened to me too, as someone had my car towed from her space.

Now, that said, I've heard 2 other explanations for the tweet but no one can give a definite answer. Something obviously frustrated him that night and he mistakenly vented on Twitter.
A little more "information", and if this is accurate, there was no towing of vehicles involved.
Quote:
Texas A&M sophomore quarterback Johnny Manzielís frustrated Twitter post at 1:38 a.m. Sunday morning claiming itís ď(expletive) like tonight is a reason why I canít wait to leave college station Ö whenever it may be,Ē was over a parking ticket, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

Manziel, the 2012 Heisman Trophy winner, had been fishing in Port Aransas on Saturday and talked over the phone to an officer, who wrote him a ticket for being parked the wrong way in front of his house and for his windows being tinted too dark (his vehicle was in College Station while he was with friends in Port Aransas), according to the insider.
LINK