View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013   #4
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [NFL.com] NFL's best defense? Texans, Seahawks are in the conversation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipTraxx View Post
Daniel Jeremiah is 12 years old.......
Okay - I don't really know what that means, but while I don't agree with everything he says, Jeremiah is IMO one of the more knowledgeable NFL writers/talking heads out there right now.

He at least brings a background as someone who's actually worked as a scout for NFL teams. That background seems to give him an advantage in player evaluation compared to most of those who hold down similar positions.

And while I don't have the concern about the secondary as a whole that he seems to, I think safety is the biggest question-mark on the defensive side. You've got Manning coming off a very sub-par year, Reed coming off surgery, Swearinger, who may be the next Polamalu or Reed, but until he shows it in real games, he's still just a rookie, and Keo. If everything goes right, it could be a strength, but if a couple of things go wrong, it could be a real problem.