View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013   #13
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: PFT: Texans Mount Rushmore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
McNair. He brought the game back to Houston, hosted 1 superbowl, and has gotten another. He is the consummate professional and whenever people talk about him they talk about him in a positive manner. He has done a great job promoting the brand. More over he realizes his own deficits. He is not a Jerry Jones type who thinks he knows more than others. He learns and goes forward. One of the better group of owners in the league.
I think people really underestimate the SB deal. McNair also became one of the most influential owners very quickly.

Quote:
Consideration

At this point there are several people who could have made it and definitely deserve consideration.

My choice would have been Aaron Glenn. He may still be the best CB this team has ever had. While Joseph is good, Glenn was a multitime probowler who managed to stay healthy. He was the team's first Probowler and was arguably the best player on Defense. On a team where there have been few probowlers in total, the guy who did it first deserves serious consideration.
I still don't get Florio limiting the candidates for the Texans. People should have been able to vote for Glenn. Now the flipside of that is it goes against the anti-Watt argument as Glenn was only here for 3 years.

Glenn was technically tied for first probowler. Gary Walker went in 2002 as well.