View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013   #33
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: LZ -- Ranking the Top 40 Texans for 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I guess what I'm really asking is do you think Hopkins will crack the top five? Do you think, with A.J., Hopkins, and Keyshawn Martin (and maybe Posey) the WR corps will be the driving force of the 2013 Texans' offense? Maybe they supplant O.D. in importance this year...
What say you?
I tried to get some numbers on our expectations for Hopkins' I got more coach speech from a bunch of guys who can't stand coach speech.

That said, for Hopkins to get into the top 5, he'll have to change our offense. By that I mean that I believe our offense looks conservative primarily because we've only got one deep threat & secondly we haven't been running the ball like we've quickly grown accustomed to.

Both of those can be attributed to the quality of #2 WR we've got on our team. If Hopkins forces the LBs to play deeper, opening up our run game were we can put up some big plays with the ol' rope-a-dope.... I'm saying yeah.

For that to happen, he's got to have a Torrey Smith type rookie year. 40-50 catches, 16+ avg.