View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013   #128
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: [ESPN] FB Vonta Leach eyes Texans return?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
I never disliked him, per se, just understood his weaknesses against speed rushers. He's still a better option right now than anything the Texans have ready.
I think Newton was an instant upgrade in pass protection until his injury.

I don't like to "hope" that a guy can return to form when preparing for next year. & being that our new guy is also coming off injury... I really don't like the situation we are in.

Picking up Eric would be nice, we can cross that off the list. But at what cost. I don't think he should play over a healthy Newton. So.... how much money do we want sitting on our bench?

Harris fits that bill. We're not paying him so much that he'll go to waste on our bench. We can cut him before the season starts if Newton & Williams are 100% (which we should know a few weeks into camp).

Worse case scenario, we go into the season with Harris starting & Quiz is our only "healthy" second option. For that to happen, both Newton & Williams has to have major set backs with their injuries.

I think that is an acceptable risk/rewards option & I don't see the point of bringing Winston back.

If I looked at the whole team that way my only concern is NT.

Not because we don't have a big fat guy for the position, but because Eric Mitchell is the only known commodity to me. I don't know any of the back up guys. I've seen Crick take a few snaps there, but I don't think it's a position he can "hold down" if needed.

& Safety. Keo is still too high on the depth chart.